Monday, October 7, 2013

How can there be someone like this. Lay's birthday message

Translation: “365 days a year, 24 hours a day, as time slowly flowed by, a year has already passed. 
In that time, there have been so many big surprises and touching moments
as well as sadness and moments of pride.

Every birthday, I receive time to speak with all of you heart-to-heart~
What do you think of using this birthday message to share the tales inside my heart with all of you? ^^

When I was still studying in school, I’d never even imagined 
that one day I would stand on a world stage and sing for all the people cheering me on.
I thought of this as merely a dream.

I simply had a wish to be acknowledged for the songs that I’d made, or to train myself and build up the skills
to do something related to music.

But that dream, thanks to SM and all of you,
as well as all the people who’ve helped me up to now, has come true!

However I’m feeling a bit lost.
I’m wondering what on earth I have to do. I must still be nothing but a young child.
But my job as a singer has given me a sense of responsibility
and I believe that’s what has enabled me to grow and adopt the sense of duty I need to carry on.
I’ve felt the change in myself during this process. That change could be a good thing or it could be a bad thing.
Actually, as I’ve mentioned before, it’s simply due to the fact that I have a special type of job.

What I want is probably what all of you want
and what I wish to have is probably the same as all of you as well.
This goes to show that I’m just an ordinary person, no different from everyone else.
I’ve received some level of acknowledgement up until now but I’ve never been satisfied.
I won’t give up on my efforts and will try my best! I want to let you know that I will never disappoint all of you people that are constantly sending me encouragement!

Because of these thoughts, I keep drifting off into my own world
and it seems like there’s no one who really understands me.
My friends encourage me every time we speak on the phone~
And whenever I think of my heroes (the fans) that always support me
I feel truly happy and like I’ve smoothly accomplished everything. And this in turn makes me feel satisfied with myself.
Even if I’m unable to do everything perfectly.. everyone~ will you still continue to support me?

I always motivate myself with these words.
“Your dream actually isn’t that far off, you just need to work in order to make it come true.
We may miss some of the scenery on the way
But if we stare far off into the distance, there will be a rainbow!” Do you all feel like this is right as well?

Though we may think of it easily,
how much effort went into the birthday support prepared by all of you?
The sweat that poured from this effort is spread throughout the world.
In order for all of you to give me a short surprise,
it must have taken a year’s worth of planning, a month’s worth of preparation and days’ worth of waiting.
While witnessing this, I was extremely touched.
All of you went through so much trouble and suffering. Thank you.

To be honest, I like seeing all of you holding up placards,
and I like listening to the sound of your cheers.
But when I see you falling asleep after waiting,
or getting sore throats from cheering, and getting shoved around and hurt…
I can’t help but think that I’m a selfish person.

I’d like for everyone to take care of their bodies, and not get hurt,
and not feel wounded no matter what, and not be afraid even if you do get wounded!
Because I’m writing healing songs for all you!

One fan at the airport asked me, ‘how is the present I wholeheartedly 
prepared any different from the letters wholeheartedly prepared by other people? Why won’t you accept my gift?’
but I was unable to reply, and could only say that I was sorry.
Was I wrong in making the decision to only accept letters…
Even now, I’m hesitant in accepting letters.

To be honest, I’m well aware that all of these things are an extension of your feelings.
Truthfully, your wishes of being able to see EXO at least once in concert,
buying just one of our albums, cheering for me while holding up my placard, 
the fans that are unable to meet us because they live far away but who think of me and know who I am,
etc.. these are the best presents everyone could ever gift me!

I’ve heard that some fans, in order to buy just one of our albums or to buy us presents,
actually cut down on their own living expenses…
I’ve even heard that all their savings get used up for these support events…
To be honest, because we’re all around the same age, I know that earning money isn’t easy
and that you all go through a lot of trouble.
So I’d like to tell you all to spend those hard-earned savings on something meaningful.

After all, there are many people in various parts of the world that are in need of aid.
And we all probably share the wish to help others.
But I hope you’ll consider your financial capabilities when deciding to help out!
This type of small misconception can lead to mindless charity…

You fans may think that if it’s for a meaningful cause,
you should send donations no matter what, but that’s not the case.
We could always volunteer and what not in order to help others with their problems~
Financially speaking, before giving me presents,
and before donating to charity, I’d like you to gift either yourselves or your parents.
Whether it’s buying clothes for your family members, or buying things that
you, your parents, or your family members need, or buying delicious and healthy foods
for you and your family to strengthen your bodies with, I’d prefer if you spent your money like that instead.
After doing this is when you should help those in need.
If this is what everyone has done, then this is definitely also a present for me as well!

I hope to be able to receive this type of present every year~
And, I hope that your families could come to grow fond of us too~
Wouldn’t it be nice to sit happily together in front of the television, or to come watch us perform on site?
Also, it’s tiring for everyone to cheer for us, right?
So please take care of your bodies. If you don’t treat your bodies well,
how are you going to continue giving us passionate and lively support?
I think all of you are the best. So I know that you’ll definitely succeed!

By the way~ I’ve only got one big head, one neck, two hands, two legs, two feet, and one body
so I’m unable to use all the things you’ve given me~
I’m worried that you’ll be upset if I don’t use them.
I can’t use them all, but I’m anxious that you’ll think that I don’t like your presents, or that you’ve given me the wrong things.

I actually like all of them! They’re all the best! Not just the items, but the videos and messages you’ve uploaded on the internet…
After all, these are all things everybody has put their heart and soul into! I really like and love everything!
I wish for all of your days to be spent happily~ and for you to protect yourselves~
And for you to treasure yourselves~
Honestly, presents aren’t that important!
It’s like I’ve always said. Everyone’s love is a present to me!
And your support is the driving force that helps me to move forward!
Thank you for all the things you’ve given me~ I love you all~

Credit: translation, dailyexo.tumblr.com, Source: Official EXO-M website.

1 comment: